 Administrative / General / 594
Re: lugnettiquete question
Newsgroups:
lugnet.admin.general
Date:
Fri, 6 Nov 1998 00:09:42 GMT

On Thu, 5 Nov 1998 14:40:13 GMT, blisses@worldnet.att.net (Steve
Bliss) wrote:

With that in mind, is it appropriate to <snip> quotes more aggresively
on lugnet?  I'd rather have shorter quotes than longer, but I don't
want to over-<snip> to the point that readers have no idea what I'm
talking about.

No! Quote still. Just because I read the previous post does NOT mean I
have access to it when I read yours. I download messages to my
computer, and read and reply offline.. Then close. When I close Agent,
it PURGES all the old messages there. Then, next time I connect, it
posts my messages and receives new ones. If you reply to something
without quoting, I have no clue what your post means. Most of the
time, I'll just ignore it. If it gets too frequent, I might complain
loudly on the newsgroup. In either case, though, you are not getting
your message across.

Sarah Heacock
sarah@eskimo.com