 Administrative / General / 5891
Re: ?n=-20,20 viewing request
Newsgroups:
lugnet.admin.general
Date:
Tue, 4 Apr 2000 22:49:03 GMT

In lugnet.admin.general, Richard Franks writes:
I know that when you use:
<http://www.lugnet.com/admin/general/?n=,-20&v=a>

You can see the 20 most recent messages, with most recent at the top.. but
would it be possible to have the 20th least recent message at the top, so
that you could read down the messages in chronological order.

Try this:

   http://www.lugnet.com/admin/general/?n=1,20&v=a

[...]
What would *really* rock (IMHO) would be a small icon next to each message
header in the group view, that you could click, and it would display the most
recent messages starting from that one.. although you would probably want to
impose a limit on that!

I think I know what you mean, but I'm not sure -- could you explain what mean
by limiting?  Do you mean, for example, if you click on the thingy for article
number 700 in a 10000-article group, you don't want to see 9300 messages?  If
so, then yes, I know what you mean.  :)  Right now, for example, the article
display is limited to 100 articles at a time, even if more are requested.

--Todd