 Administrative / General / 5888
5887  |  5889
Subject:
?n=-20,20 viewing request
Newsgroups:
lugnet.admin.general
Date:
Tue, 4 Apr 2000 22:40:53 GMT
Highlighted:
(details)

I know that when you use:
<http://www.lugnet.com/admin/general/?n=,-20&v=a>

You can see the 20 most recent messages, with most recent at the top.. but
would it be possible to have the 20th least recent message at the top, so that
you could read down the messages in chronological order. At the moment I have
to scroll to the bottom then scroll to the top of the 20th recent message, read
it to the bottom and then go up two to read the next message. Two back, one
forward etc.

The functionality seems to be:
n=<start>, <direction>

Could a negative value for <start> be the least <value> recent post? I think it
could be even handier than the 'next' and 'previous' buttons, as it requires 19
less clicks (including hand/mouse/screen/network delay), to view 20 messages.

What would *really* rock (IMHO) would be a small icon next to each message
header in the group view, that you could click, and it would display the most
recent messages starting from that one.. although you would probably want to
impose a limit on that!

Richard