 Administrative / General / 5894
Re: ?n=-20,20 viewing request
Newsgroups:
lugnet.admin.general
Date:
Tue, 4 Apr 2000 23:23:36 GMT

In lugnet.admin.general, Richard Franks writes:
Try this:

  http://www.lugnet.com/admin/general/?n=1,20&v=a

Ooops.. I didn't realise that I was against the TOS ;-)  I grok the
"?n=<start>, <direction+number>" functionality, but while I could bookmark
<http://www.lugnet.com/admin/general/?n=-20,20&v=a> to show me the 20 most
recent messages, I'd have to hack the URL manually to do it otherwise.

Perhaps instead of changing the functionality, you could add a "Recent" option
to the "Redisplay Messages", along with the "All" and "Brief" which are already
there? Although for that you'd need to know the (eg) 20th most recent post#
when creating the HTML, which might be a problem - I dunno!

I think I know what you mean, but I'm not sure -- could you explain what mean
by limiting?  Do you mean, for example, if you click on the thingy for article
number 700 in a 10000-article group, you don't want to see 9300 messages?  If
so, then yes, I know what you mean.  :)  Right now, for example, the article
display is limited to 100 articles at a time, even if more are requested.

Yep, that's what I meant :)

Richard