 Administrative / General / 585
    lugnettiquete question —Steve Bliss
   Short question: since lugnet newsgroups are served up from a single source, there are no issues with propagation errors. There is no problem of "my server never got the original message". If I reply to any message, anyone reading my follow-up also (...) (26 years ago, 5-Nov-98, to lugnet.admin.general)

        Re: lugnettiquete question —Matthew Miller
     (...) Uh, if you want to make a MeToo post, you should post it to alt.dev.null instead of LUGnet. (26 years ago, 5-Nov-98, to lugnet.admin.general)

         Re: lugnettiquete question —Steve Bliss
     (...) No kidding. It was an example. Maybe a bad example for a question involving appropriate netiquette, but ME2 part had nothing to do with point of the question. Steve (26 years ago, 5-Nov-98, to lugnet.admin.general)

         Re: lugnettiquete question —Matthew Miller
     (...) Ok you've got me there. I'm sorry. I don't think the quoting rules should be much different than on Usenet. In almost all cases, you should only quote the necessary and relevant parts. Many people tend to quote too much anyway. I think you (...) (26 years ago, 5-Nov-98, to lugnet.admin.general)

        Re: lugnettiquete question —Tom McDonald
     Steve Bliss writes: <snipped with that in mind> (...) I think the italicized line from the posting page says it all: "Please be courteous to your readers..." I know it's only an example, so I'll run with it: "Me Too" is not considered courteous for (...) (26 years ago, 5-Nov-98, to lugnet.admin.general)

        Re: lugnettiquete question —Todd Lehman
     (...) I usually like to snip as much as possible, as opposed to as little as necessary. I'd say: 1. Always always always snip sigs and garbage added by third-party free e-mail sites. ("Get your free @foofoo.com e-mail here!") 2. Except in truly rare (...) (26 years ago, 5-Nov-98, to lugnet.admin.general)

        Re: lugnettiquete question —Sarah Heacock
   (...) No! Quote still. Just because I read the previous post does NOT mean I have access to it when I read yours. I download messages to my computer, and read and reply offline.. Then close. When I close Agent, it PURGES all the old messages there. (...) (26 years ago, 6-Nov-98, to lugnet.admin.general)