 Administrative / General / 584
Re: Another NIT about the article page.
Newsgroups:
lugnet.admin.general
Date:
Thu, 5 Nov 1998 08:27:10 GMT

Todd Lehman writes:
[snip]
The solution is very simple:  Click your browser's Back button 6 times --
or use the Alt/Cmd-Left-Arrow key 6 times.

A few (many?) browsers these days have a pull down menu that lets you go back
multiple times in a single operation.  The ones I've seen use the title but
the title when browsing here appears to be invariably the current newsgroup.
Could you add something like the part after the colon?  For example:

lugnet.admin.general:379         (the referenced message)
lugnet.admin.general:379 thread  (thread of the referenced message)
lugnet.admin.general:563-544     (list of messages)
lugnet.admin.general:379 post    (my current URL)

Adding "by _postername_" for the first one could also help within a thread but
might make titles slightly excessive.

What do you think?

(and, of course, many thanks for providing a WWW translator, it's the only one
I've seen with a thread snapshot, wow!)