 Administrative / General / 5445
Re: homepage bringing forth weird results
Newsgroups:
lugnet.admin.general
Date:
Wed, 22 Mar 2000 23:06:05 GMT

In lugnet.admin.general, Shiri Dori writes:
Hmm... after reading this, I *thought* that was the problem. So I turned off
the cacheing feature (whatever that is :) ... it still isn't working. Every
time I click on my "back" browser button it brings the same old posts. :-/

That's the *right* behavior -- the Back button should *not* cause a re-load
of any web page *ever* unless it's gone from the cache.  If browsers refetched
things when the Back buttons was pressed -- especially pages with forms and
things -- it would be really bad because it would wipe out your form data.

No, that's not what I mean. Let me try and restate my sentence:

*Every* time I click my back button on my browser, I get the SAME post
sequence, even AFTER I've refreshed the homepage few times between one back
click to another.
The sequence of posts I *repeatedly* get starts from this post:
http://www.lugnet.com/cad/?n=3671

-Shiri