 Administrative / General / 5435
Re: homepage bringing forth weird results
Newsgroups:
lugnet.admin.general
Date:
Wed, 22 Mar 2000 22:31:19 GMT

In lugnet.admin.general, David Eaton writes:
Sounds like a cacheing problem with your browser-- your browser looks at the
url "http://www.lugnet.com/" and says "Oh! I've been THERE before! I won't
waste my user's time by downloading it again (cuz for those people on 14.4
modems, that'd take a while), so I'll just bring up the copy that I saved a
while ago!". While that works fine for things like flat HTML pages, it's not
fine for generated pages (like LUGNET).

You can turn off this feature in both NN and MSIE... in MSIE 5.0 it's under:
tools->internet options...->Temporary Internet Files->settings...
Just set it to:
"Check for newer versions of stored pages: Every visit to the page."

Hmm... after reading this, I *thought* that was the problem. So I turned off
the cacheing feature (whatever that is :) ... it still isn't working. Every
time I click on my "back" browser button it brings the same old posts. :-/

-Shiri