 Administrative / General / 5378
Re: Why MSIE sucks for the HTML writer
Newsgroups:
lugnet.admin.general
Date:
Mon, 20 Mar 2000 19:57:41 GMT

I'd like to see that browser be Mozilla, but MSIE is still far, far more
solid.  BTW, does MS have any plans to release a Linux version of MSIE?
Or is it recommended to run it under WINE instead?

For Linux users, Microsoft recommends following the instructions in this KB
article:
http://support.microsoft.com/support/kb/articles/Q247/8/04.ASP
:)

Seriously, I can't answer your question, but I can say that Microsoft's
awareness (and interest) of the Linux OS has increased dramatically, although
it did take some time (we just needed to hire the right people)

This thread has helped a lot.  I actually like MSIE5 quite a bit, as a
browser -- from the user side of things.  From the server side, the number
of problems in the tip release that I have to worry about is now down to 1.

Until IE gets 100% market share (sorry :P), coding for multiple platforms will
be a standard problem with web developers

What is the latest MacOS release number of MSIE?

4.5 (http://www.microsoft.com/mac/default.asp)