 Administrative / General / 5425
Re: Why MSIE sucks for the HTML writer
Newsgroups:
lugnet.admin.general, lugnet.off-topic.geek
Date:
Wed, 22 Mar 2000 04:14:16 GMT

In lugnet.admin.general, Asher Kobin writes:
I'd like to see that browser be Mozilla, but MSIE is still far, far more
solid.  BTW, does MS have any plans to release a Linux version of MSIE?
Or is it recommended to run it under WINE instead?

For Linux users, Microsoft recommends following the instructions in this KB
article:
http://support.microsoft.com/support/kb/articles/Q247/8/04.ASP

I did the reverse when I bought my last computer.  When it arrived, I just
needed to boot NT once to make sure the hardware wasn't damaged before
reformatting the drive and putting a real OS (Linux) on it.  Felt good.
I also ran a free copy of Bill Gates's book _The_Road_Ahead_ through the
paper shredder a few months ago and used it for packing material.  Felt good
too.  :)

Um, this is getting pretty far off-topic.

--Todd

[followups to .off-topic.geek]