 Administrative / General / 5379
Re: Why MSIE sucks for the HTML writer
Newsgroups:
lugnet.admin.general
Date:
Mon, 20 Mar 2000 20:10:42 GMT

In lugnet.admin.general, Dan Boger writes:

for the love of god, please no!  Ideally there would be 10s of browsers
available, but they would all render the same pages in the same way

PPS:  Keep an eye out for IE5.5.  One really cool feature is IFRAME
transparency!

What's that?  is it part of a standard, or is it the notorious Embrace and
Extend?

Are you ignorant? Do you understant competition?  What would happen If every
car was the same?  We want people to use our browser, so obviously we have to
make it better (what the Linux world calls embrace and extend).  We are more
RFC compliant than Nav.  Of course, we have tons of other stuff that isn't in
the RFC.

I will guarantee you that IE renders Nav targeted web pages more so than the
reverse.

--
Ok, I gotta take a break from this.  I've been reading/writing to this thread
for 2 hours.