 Administrative / General / 5332
Re: Why MSIE sucks for the HTML writer
Newsgroups:
lugnet.admin.general
Date:
Sat, 18 Mar 2000 16:50:21 GMT

On Sat, 18 Mar 2000 04:18:41 GMT, Todd Lehman <lehman@javanet.com>
wrote:

In lugnet.admin.general, Mike Stanley writes:
Big deal - something doesn't work in IE3.

It's a HUGE deal.  You leave a search button off a form by accident (on a page
with more than one form) and some poor user out there is up the creek without
a paddle, and probably doesn't know why, or can't switch browsers.  :-(

Then *you* need to be more specific in your announcements, especially
given your outspoken anti-M$ attitude.  :)  If you're not going to
bother checking the _current_ version of IE, you need to say so.  If
you're talking about a bug that, to the best of your knowledge,
existed two versions ago, you need to say so.  Anything else sounds
like FUD.

BTW, does MSIE5 finally display this graph correctly?

  http://www.lugnet.com/admin/general/?n=5267&t=i&v=d

Looks identical in IE5, NC 4.61 (just reinstalled Redhat 6.1, haven't
grabbed the latest NC), and Opera 3.62.

or is it still broken?

In which version _was_ it broken?  I never had problems viewing those
graphs, from the day you started posting them.

Dang, I can't wait for Mozilla...

If it sucks less than Communicator, I agree.  Otherwise I'll be forced
to use the least sucky browser, which according to everyone I know
without an axe to grind (not including myself) is IE5.01.

--
Tired of waiting for LEGO Direct? Bulk Parts Sales NOW!
http://www.guarded-inn.com/lego/sales/parts.html