 Administrative / General / 4905
Re: Suggested Change in Charter for ALL Lugnet Theme Groups.
Newsgroups:
lugnet.admin.general
Date:
Tue, 7 Mar 2000 17:05:09 GMT

In lugnet.admin.general, Eric Joslin writes:
In lugnet.admin.council, Scott Arthur writes:

Suggested Change in Charter for ALL Lugnet Theme Groups.

By "theme", I mean castle, space pirate etc.

I suggest the pre-auction announcements should be allowed in all theme
groups,

<snip>

Let me be among those to vote that this is a Bad Idea (tm).  Further • mitigating
this is the fact that it's an Unnecessary Idea.

No idea is "unnecessary".

Now, I'm all for market groups that are themed (ie lugnet.market.castle,
lugnet.market.space, etc).  I remember thinking this would be a good idea at
some point in the past, but it was recently suggested in another thread in
lugnet.admin.council.

I agree 100%. I think I have suggested this at least once in the past, both
times it was knocked on the head. This is well suited to groups like technic.

I think this fills the need you're looking for (a place
for people to find sales of specific themed sets) without blurring the line
between the discussion groups and the themed groups, which is something Todd
has indicated he is not going to allow to happen.

Indeed.

Scott A

eric