 Administrative / General / 4921
Re: Suggested Change in Charter for ALL Lugnet Theme Groups.
Newsgroups:
lugnet.admin.general
Date:
Tue, 7 Mar 2000 18:14:25 GMT

In lugnet.admin.general, Scott Arthur writes:

"Lorbaat" <eric@nospam.thirteen.net> wrote in message

AND you understand that making individual lugnet.market
groups for each theme has the added benefit of NOT asking Todd to do
something
he has SPECIFICALLY said he doesn't want to do...

I do not follow this. You should understand that Todd is not a pile of logic
circuits - he is capable of changing his mind.

The problems of seperating marketplace and discussion have been
well-thought-through by Todd, I'm sure.  He's also been witness to very many
debates about the pros and cons of the issues as tey've been discussed by
Lugnet members.  This decision isn't a whim of his, and I seriously doubt it is
something that he is going to change his mind about.

But that was not the
intention of my post. The aim of my post was to get an idea of what people
feel on this issue. It has failed to do that. I am beginning to think most
people do not care either way.

What gave you that impression- the number of people who have responded saying
it's not a good idea?  Do you think for some reason people who would like it
are being silenced somehow, either through action or threat of action?

Apparently, *some* people do care about this issue enough to respond to you.
They have all responded negatively.  I'm sorry that your idea was not
well-received, but it doesn't look like anyone agrees with you- unless you care
to advance the paranoid thought that they're being made to stand mute.

eric