 Administrative / General / 4442
Re: Pre Auction Anouncment/Sale/Trade - Parts & Sets (8448 / 7171 / Pirates)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.admin.general
Date:
Sun, 13 Feb 2000 21:55:45 GMT

Lorbaat wrote:

4) You have shown no real remorse for your actions.  Quite on the contrary, you
have defended them with weak excuses ("laziness") and been flippant when
questioned about what you feel would be an appropriate action in the future.

Well, just to chime in here, I think Scott said he was serious about
donating 10 bucks as a fine, although it came off as flippant at first.

This may be a UK US thing, or even a US vs all other english speakers
thing, but I've noticed that non  US english speakers have somewhat
different nuances. What we USians sometimes perceive as insulting was in
good faith intended in good fun. And vice versa. I've gotten into a few
dustups with OZzies or limeys over that very miscommunication.

Just an aside. Mostly I agree with you, eric.

I think there's a lesson here for all of us, be more careful in how we
say stuff, and if there appears to be a dustup pending, drop back, state
what we really meant to say, and give the other guy the benefit of the
doubt.

But ya, Scott's lazy. So am I. Lazy is good if it means inventing better
ways to do things. Lazy is bad if it means free riding or shortcutting
to the point of causing problems. Just my toe tromping opinion.

--
Larry Pieniazek - lpieniazek@mercator.com - http://my.voyager.net/lar

Note: this is a family forum!