 Administrative / General / 4086
    Re: Todd, can we have an Arctic posting group? —Jasper Janssen
   (...) I'd leave off the lugnet, but yeah, that's the idea. I'm still not entirely convinced it wouldbe a good thing, though. (...) Hmm. Which would mean that you would have to create every single group as a .general. Bad. (...) I'd like it. Does (...) (24 years ago, 5-Jan-00, to lugnet.admin.general)

        Re: Todd, can we have an Arctic posting group? —Todd Lehman
   (...) I looked around a bit in the newsserver code last night and I was thinking of setting up a virtual newsgroup called _lugnet as a test case, and just filling it manually with some stuff, and seeing what happened with a few newsreaders. Before I (...) (24 years ago, 5-Jan-00, to lugnet.admin.general)

        Re: Todd, can we have an Arctic posting group? —Matthew Miller
     (...) "_" being a prefix for umbrella groups? Or is that just for testing? I still think I like the .general idea. It seems clean and logical to me. (I mean, why do we have lugnet.general instead of just posting into lugnet?) I don't think that (...) (24 years ago, 5-Jan-00, to lugnet.admin.general)

        Re: Todd, can we have an Arctic posting group? —Jasper Janssen
   (...) Because of the "other parts of the system", is the prefix thing a necessary/near necessary step? (...) I don't think it should work like that. Less incentive to micro-classify threads. Jasper (24 years ago, 6-Jan-00, to lugnet.admin.general)