 Administrative / General / 3983
  Re: Free Agent Question

(...) The pay version (Agent 1.7) does support the wheel mouse. Rob +---...---+ | Rob Farver - rfarver@rcn.com | | (URL) | | (URL) | +---...---+ (25 years ago, 14-Dec-99, to lugnet.admin.general)

  Free Agent Question

Well I have Free Agent running now, and I'm going to get used to it. But one question: Is there a way to rearrange the browser window so the group window takes up the whole left side, and the body and header windows split on the right? I'd much (...) (25 years ago, 31-Dec-99, to lugnet.admin.general)

  Re: Free Agent Question

(...) Well, as I've continued poking around all the options so I can make it the most familiar to me, I found the Window Layout option. I'm getting there. The only thing I could wish for now is for Free Agent to have a better looking GUI. :) -Tim (...) (25 years ago, 31-Dec-99, to lugnet.admin.general)

  Re: Free Agent Question

(...) I've tried a few of the layouts and the one which seems to work the best for me is the 5th one (the three vertical panels) with a very large screen area. (...) It seems to be optimized for speed (lots of good keyboard shortcuts) and (...) (25 years ago, 31-Dec-99, to lugnet.admin.general)

  Re: Free Agent Question

(...) Even though I use a large screen resolution (1280x1024), I like to keep my windows smaller relatively and in their own permanent locations. (Yep, set in my ways :) I sized my FA window the same as my Eudora one, stacked on top of each other. I (...) (25 years ago, 31-Dec-99, to lugnet.admin.general)

  Re: Free Agent Question

(...) Also supports e-mail and clickable links, if I remember correctly. (25 years ago, 31-Dec-99, to lugnet.admin.general)

  Re: Free Agent Question

(...) Ouch. Its just like a software company to not include the little conveniences in the free version. If I wasn't getting a car soon I'd be able to afford it, registration and increased insurance is gonna use up all my $$ for now. Oh well, (...) (25 years ago, 31-Dec-99, to lugnet.admin.general)

  Re: Free Agent Question

(...) I thought Free Agent suppored the wheel. Maybe they worked together because I was using Plannet Crafter's Flywheel. Whatever. I'm using Agent now, and it's definitely worth the money. (...) Hey, don't pick on Free Agent. Forte released an (...) (25 years ago, 31-Dec-99, to lugnet.admin.general)

  Re: Free Agent Question

(...) Or do without, of course.. (...) Just to add my two bits, I use it with {message list above group list} to the left of message window (with full headers showing) (...) Exactly the right philosophy ;) (...) I'll add any extra comments to this. (...) (25 years ago, 2-Jan-00, to lugnet.admin.general)

  Re: Free Agent Question

(...) Actually, IIRC, free Agent worked with my logitech wheel mouse as well. Agent 1.5, 1.6, and 1.7 do, anyway. Maybe you need to look at your configuration settings a bit? Either that or I don't RC. Could be a 16/32 bit thing if that's the case.. (...) (25 years ago, 2-Jan-00, to lugnet.admin.general)

  Re: Free Agent Question

In lugnet.admin.general "Todd Lehman" <lehman@javanet.com> wrote: Todd, one quick question: (...) What is seen as 'standard' line length, and what then would be acceptable range for not making lines do weird fragmenty things? -Tim (URL) timcourtne (...) (25 years ago, 4-Jan-00, to lugnet.admin.general)

  Re: Free Agent Question

(...) You can't go wrong with 72, but it's probably excessively conservative. --Todd (25 years ago, 4-Jan-00, to lugnet.admin.general)