 Administrative / General / 4000
Re: Free Agent Question
Newsgroups:
lugnet.admin.general
Date:
Fri, 31 Dec 1999 21:55:25 GMT

In lugnet.admin.general, Tim Courtney wrote:

On Fri, 31 Dec 1999 18:37:00 GMT, cjc@NOSPAMnewsguy.com (Mike Stanley)
wrote:

Rob Farver <rfarver@rcn.com> wrote:
On Fri, 31 Dec 1999 06:30:41 GMT, tim@zacktron.com (Tim Courtney) wrote:

True.  My other big gripe here is it doesn't support the MS Wheel
Mouse for scrolling!  Makes me realize how many little gadgets I rely
on...  Any hope of MSWM support in the future?

The pay version (Agent 1.7) does support the wheel mouse.

I thought Free Agent suppored the wheel.  Maybe they worked together because I
was using Plannet Crafter's Flywheel.  Whatever.  I'm using Agent now, and it's
definitely worth the money.

Also supports e-mail and clickable links, if I remember correctly.

Ouch.  Its just like a software company to not include the little
conveniences in the free version.  If I wasn't getting a car soon I'd
be able to afford it, registration and increased insurance is gonna
use up all my $$ for now.  Oh well, birthday coming up in a couple
months :)

Hey, don't pick on Free Agent.  Forte released an incredible free product.
Heck, Free Agent is worth the $30 registration fee, even without the 'upgrade'
to Agent.  That's half the reason I finally registered--I thought Free Agent was
well worth the money.

Steve