 Administrative / General / 3616
Re: Todd, I'm very much confused!..:-( (Was Re: 2000 Dealer catalogue Removal Request Backfire?)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.admin.general
Date:
Mon, 13 Dec 1999 20:49:57 GMT

Todd Lehman <lehman@javanet.com> wrote:
publicity (or other rights).  Until TLC publishes specific rules or
guidelines about leaks, it's up to each poster to do the right thing, and
that may involve their having to consult with an attorney for guidance if
necessary (if they're walking some thin line or in a gray area).

Not that I want to get too embroiled in all of this, but: even when TLC does
publish rules and/or guidelines, there should still be some room for
judgement. For example, if they come back and say: "No links are allowed to
any thing on our website except for the front page", I'm sorry, that's
ridiculous and there's no reason to go along with it. I'm hoping they
_don't_ say something like that, but if they do, I won't feel bound to it.
Furthermore, I feel that I'd be completely with the Terms of Use in ignoring
such guidelines, because they don't represent any legal or natural or
common-sense right of any kind. If you disagree, Todd, well, it is your site
and decisions like that are in your hands.... But I hope it won't come to
that.