 Administrative / General / 3607
Re: Todd, I'm very much confused!..:-( (Was Re: 2000 Dealer catalogue Removal Request Backfire?)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.admin.general
Date:
Mon, 13 Dec 1999 12:01:57 GMT

Todd Lehman <lehman@javanet.com> wrote in message
They are from TLC's very own site and Netscape or IE is not a hacking • tool
at all (they enabled us to manually enter URLs, right?) and so on, BUT,
what if they are not from www.lego.com?

I don't think it breaks the T&C.  It may still irk or unsettle TLC, but • who
knows, and, as Larry so deftly pointed out, a company ought to be • prepared
for such things.  Notwithstanding, it still probably may make the most • sense
to play cards cautiously.

Whoops, I read too quickly.  You were asking what if it was -not- from
www.lego.com.

The answer is that it's against the T&C if it invades TLC's privacy or
publicity (or other rights).  Until TLC publishes specific rules or
guidelines about leaks, it's up to each poster to do the right thing, and
that may involve their having to consult with an attorney for guidance if
necessary (if they're walking some thin line or in a gray area).

I can't interpret gray things.

--Todd

Uhm...Uhmmsf...well..Your first answer was OK but..

Let take it from the beginning

* Huw posted a message that he has the scans of not published vendors
catalogs with unreleased (yet) set scans. Assuming Vendor catalogs and
unreleased set info is not legal:
    - Posting a link to it is OK according to T&C. Having illegal things on
a site is owner's responsibility, not Lugnet's business, but Todd's business
as being both a fan and a friend of Huw. (I'm OK with that)
    - Message was against T&C SINCE it also had set information, which is
preassumedly illegal. (I'm OK with that, too)

* Remy posted a message with full of www.lego.com URLs pointing to
unreleased set pictures
    - Posting a link was OK according to T&C, but he was very guilty. Why?
(I lost here first)
    - These links were from www.lego.com (publicly available) so he
shouldn't be guilty. Yes, but posting links was not against T&C at the
beginning, regardless of where they are pointing to, lego.com or foo.bar,
wasn't it?) (Here I started to ask myself who am I, where is this place,
etc..)

I saw the thread of Remy case as a whole, and saw that it started and
finished somehow. But I think it shouldn't be started at all, since he only
posted URLs, not the information itself, so nothing done against T&C. All I
want to know is what I couldn't get yet (the difference between the two
cases).

So, I'm confused more now..:-(

Selçuk