 Administrative / General / 3601
3600  |  3602
Subject:
Todd, I'm very much confused!..:-( (Was Re: 2000 Dealer catalogue Removal Request Backfire?)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.admin.general
Date:
Mon, 13 Dec 1999 10:08:39 GMT

Todd, Here are the snippets from a reply message posted by you, which
clearly describes that posting a message containing URL's to a site full of
with leaked Lego info is OK with T&C, although a not a desired behavior (or
this is what I understand from the below, sorry if I misinterpreted it).

Just another weekend that I don't checked lugnet and just as the last week,
I saw all the turbulence caused by second leak(????) with a big surprise.
I've already browsed through it so I know that you apologized for it, so
it's not my intention to stretch it. All I want is to clearing up a
confusion.

They are from TLC's very own site and Netscape or IE is not a hacking tool
at all (they enabled us to manually enter URLs, right?) and so on, BUT, what
if they are not from www.lego.com?

Selçuk

PS. Please don't answer me something in way that "what a shame, isn't it so
obvious?..". I'm not ranting, I just really want to know. If it was obvious
for me, I would not post this.

Todd Lehman <lehman@javanet.com> wrote in message

Just to clarify- say I get a retailers catalogue like Huw did, and I • want
to share it with fellow Lugneteers. Is it okay with the T&C if I post
stating that I have it, and that they can look at it on my page, as long
as I don't actually post any of the "leaked" info on Lugnet?

Yes, I believe that would be technically OK with T&C.  However, that • doesn't
necessarily mean that it would be morally right, or legally right, from • TLC's
or anyone else's perspective, or that you wouldn't be an instant • criticism-
magnet.  You just wouldn't be breaking any of the written lugnet.com rules
that are part of the T&C.

can I link to it?

I don't believe that linking to it would violate any of the T&C unless
sensitive information were contained within the URL itself.  For example,
if you made a directory on your website that was named the same as some • new
as-yet unannounced product line, and you posted the URL containing that
name, then you may be violating someone's rights.  That's getting pretty
nit-picky, but you get the idea.  What you do on your own site is your own
business.  Out of decency and respect for LEGO, if you do put up scans on
your own site of unannounced product lines, PLEASE don't discuss it here
even though it might not violate the T&C.