 Administrative / General / 344
343  |  345
Subject:
Newsreaders
Newsgroups:
lugnet.admin.general
Date:
Tue, 13 Oct 1998 06:03:41 GMT

Todd Lehman wrote in message ...
--Todd (posting from MicroPlanet Gravity today)

Hmm. Anyone know of a good newsreader FAQ? At this stage it looks
very much as though I'm going to be better off with a local news server
for what I want. The list so far:
- WinVN - "enter your news server here" (singular)
- Tin (as above)
- SLRN/SLRNPull (ibid) (and SLMR was so good, too)
- Outlook ("this program has performed an illegal operation. Please reinstall Win95 then press any key to continue")
- Agent (one user per server)
- Gravity (as above)
- Netscape Newsreader - Can it work? I can't make it do offline stuff properly

Moz
(deleting Gravity tonight... 4 hours to set up, 30s to decide it sucked)