 Administrative / General / 3212
  Wrong group posting ruckus

Looking at what is happening with wrong group postings I have some thoughts. It seems to me that we need to sit back and let Todd handle the wrong group postings until he specifically asks for help. When that occurs, I think it would be wise to (...) (25 years ago, 9-Nov-99, to lugnet.admin.general)

  Re: Wrong group posting ruckus

I think you have a point. What's going on now is just annoying everyone. But having Todd look in his general mail ain't gonna work either. Perhaps a special mailbox just for admin type messages? I still like my suggestion of canned responses, which (...) (25 years ago, 10-Nov-99, to lugnet.admin.general)

  Re: Wrong group posting ruckus

(...) I like that too. At times I have considered making something where I could just click a button and -- zip! -- off would go a canned email to someone. --Todd (25 years ago, 10-Nov-99, to lugnet.admin.general)

Just curious, what is the shelf life of canned email? :) Sounds like a good idea to me. John Matthews Todd Lehman <lehman@javanet.com> wrote in message news:FKyLKs.DvK@lugnet.com... (...) could (...) (25 years ago, 10-Nov-99, to lugnet.admin.general)

  Re: Wrong group posting ruckus

(...) LOL! Thanks for the laugh... :) --Todd (25 years ago, 10-Nov-99, to lugnet.admin.general)

  Re: Wrong group posting ruckus

(...) Quick! Stock up on your ACME Canned E-Mail(R) for Y2K! You know the internet will crash and our ACME Canned E-Mail(R) is the only way you will survive. Chose from a wide variety of e-mail themes: Credit card spam Porn site spam Tasteless jokes (...) (25 years ago, 10-Nov-99, to lugnet.off-topic.fun)

  Re: Wrong group posting ruckus

* John Matthews (jmatthew@columbus.rr.com) [991109 23:00]: (...) Well...it depends. If it has dents then you shouldn't buy it. It might have botched-email-ism. Or course, if it is irradiated email, it will last forever as all glitches have been (...) (25 years ago, 10-Nov-99, to lugnet.admin.general)

  Great quote! (was Re: Wrong group posting ruckus)

(...) Star Trek can turn your brains to puree of bat guano; and the greatest science fiction series of all time is Doctor Who! And I'll take you all on, one-by- one or all in a bunch to back it up! (...) That is a great quote! James (URL) (25 years ago, 10-Nov-99, to lugnet.off-topic.fun)

  Re: Wrong group posting ruckus

Well! (...) There IS an acme.com but they don't seem to have canned email. They DO have the phases of the moon, though. (25 years ago, 11-Nov-99, to lugnet.off-topic.fun)

  Re: Wrong group posting ruckus

(...) I suppose in some sense I should have made sure I picked a host name which didn't exist (of course there is no guarantee that at some time in the future such a host would exist, and I don't yet have my own domain to use...). On the other hand, (...) (25 years ago, 11-Nov-99, to lugnet.off-topic.fun)

  Re: Wrong group posting ruckus

(...) Still collecting more data/thoughts... Here are a couple excellent examples of posts which just happened today, BTW, which illustrate the difficulty in drawing lines where non-auctions are concerned: 1. (URL) This isn't even remotely a "I've (...) (25 years ago, 11-Nov-99, to lugnet.admin.general)

  Re: Wrong group posting ruckus

(...) Of course it could be a WTB, or, "Is the price I'm about to pay elsewhere reasonable?" We also don't have a clearcut market group for this type of post, and one certainly can argue that there is no point asking outside the theme since the (...) (25 years ago, 12-Nov-99, to lugnet.admin.general)