 Off-Topic / Fun / 3398
Re: Wrong group posting ruckus
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.fun
Date:
Wed, 10 Nov 1999 14:22:44 GMT

Todd Lehman wrote:

In lugnet.admin.general, John Matthews writes:
Todd Lehman <lehman@javanet.com> wrote in message
[...]
I still like my suggestion of canned responses, which I feel remove the
emotion to a certain extent.
I like that too.  At times I have considered making something where I
could just click a button and -- zip! -- off would go a canned email to
someone.

Just curious, what is the shelf life of canned email?  :)
Sounds like a good idea to me.

Quick! Stock up on your ACME Canned E-Mail(R) for Y2K! You know the
internet will crash and our ACME Canned E-Mail(R) is the only way you
will survive. Chose from a wide variety of e-mail themes:

Credit card spam
Porn site spam
Tasteless jokes
Lugnet newsgroups
Disaster warnings about year 1900 problems
Get rich quick schemes
Outdated virus warnings
Urban Legends

Please note that our canned e-mail has the best shelf life, of 5 minutes
37 seconds, nearly twice that of our competitors.

Available for online ordering from:

http://www.acme.com/products/canned/e-mail

--
Frank Filz