 Administrative / General / 3212
3211  |  3213
Subject:
Wrong group posting ruckus
Newsgroups:
lugnet.admin.general
Date:
Tue, 9 Nov 1999 13:35:00 GMT

Looking at what is happening with wrong group postings I have some
thoughts.

It seems to me that we need to sit back and let Todd handle the wrong
group postings until he specifically asks for help. When that occurs, I
think it would be wise to assign each group a "host" or two who would
act on Todd's behalf.

In the meanwhile, if a posting or thread occurs in a group you think is
wrong, and it appears that nothing is being done about it, send Todd a
simple polite querry. He may have his reasons (busy, post is actually
ok, has already sent private e-mail and received an appology from the
offender, whatever), it is his choice whether to tell you those reasons.
Don't continue to send him notes on the same offence, assume he has
handled it.

If a thread continues in the wrong place, and Todd's reasons were wrong,
more people will complain to Todd, and he will see that the pulse of the
community is different from his reading, and he will either take action,
or publicly explain why he isn't taking action.

I hope Todd will chose to clarify the "rules" about market postings in
non-market groups. I do note that just about every time an AUCTION
posting has made it into another group (that I read), Todd has publicly
chastised the poster.

Just my two studs worth.

--
Frank Filz