 Administrative / General / 2820
  Kibbles (was: News article snarfing & propagation (was: LEGO Calendar of Events))

(...) I made a little weblog as a technology demonstration. It starts here and works backwards: (URL) made a top-level entry page too, but I didn't call it "weblog" because the general population doesn't know what a "weblog" is yet. So I called it (...) (25 years ago, 7-Sep-99, to lugnet.admin.general)

  Re: Kibbles (was: News article snarfing & propagation (was: LEGO Calendar of Events))

(...) But not Y2K-compliant. :-, Cheers, - jsproat (25 years ago, 7-Sep-99, to lugnet.admin.general)

  Re: Kibbles (was: News article snarfing & propagation (was: LEGO Calendar of Events))

<snip> Note: I updated the URL's below to reflect URL changes since Todd posted the origional message. (...) Todd, I love the "Tidbits" page. You say that it is easy to create and update but is this an automated process or something that you have to (...) (25 years ago, 8-Sep-99, to lugnet.admin.general)

  Re: Kibbles (was: News article snarfing & propagation (was: LEGO Calendar of Events))

(...) One idea on automation is to allow people to "vote" on an article, and the articles with the highest votes make it to the top of the summary page. One problem with this system is getting people to vote, and to make it easy enough for them that (...) (25 years ago, 10-Sep-99, to lugnet.admin.general)