 Administrative / General / 2742
Re: RESULTS- CFV Johnathan Wilson's Posting Priviledges on LUGNET
Newsgroups:
lugnet.admin.general
Date:
Tue, 31 Aug 1999 11:43:28 GMT

In lugnet.admin.general, "Sproaticus" <jsproat@io.com> writes:

In lugnet.admin.general, Bryce McGlone writes:
[snip]

Generosity and forgiveness have nothing to do with it.  If anything, it's
selfishness.  I would prefer to be part of a society that would not drop me
the instant I wig out.  Everone goes south every now and then; you've done
it, why can't someone else?

Someone as talented as you, Jeremy, has I think a far greater chance of
being hit by an asteroid than being dropped the instant you wig out.  If you
should happen to wig out for a couple days, people will figure you're just
on about something.  If you wig out for a couple weeks, then it's a thing
that'll come to pass.  If you wig out for a couple months, then, well, heh,
maybe you've gone south for the winter.  :-)

But even so, when someone does wig out, a healthy community remembers a
person's accomplishments and contributions and takes all of that into
account.  IMHO, you could probably not reach 11 on the annoying scale even
if you tried.

Aw jeez, now I'm quoting Billy Joel.  :-P

Aw yea, but you're quoting a 20+ year old Billy Joel song!  :-)

--Todd