 Administrative / General / 2691
Re: Suggestion for lugnet.marketplace.*
Newsgroups:
lugnet.admin.general
Date:
Mon, 23 Aug 1999 15:36:35 GMT

John VanZwieten <john_vanzwieten@email.msn.com> wrote:
Hrmmm.... interesting.  Could this work?  Would people like these
links?

I sure would.

Well, I definitely would like to see a link to BRICKS, then.  If
enough other people want a link to JABA on there that's fine with me
as well.  As a potential buyer I'd like to see several others also.

You could point to a eBay search for "Lego" to be fair (and helpful).
Individual, one-time auctions would not be listed here.  Rather, ongoing auction
_sites_ would be listed.

Yeah, I was kinda wondering about the handful of people who seem to
sell exclusively on eBay - the people who always have items running,
so a link to their member page should always show stuff.

'Course (shameless plug) if those people started using BRICKS
(probably never get the same amount of exposure, but it is _free_)
they would be covered.

Still, I think a good Lego search link would be cool for eBay.

On the lugnet.marketplace.shopping page there are links to several of the major
online Lego shopping options.  Yes, this is "promotion," but it's mostly a
convenience for LUGNET readers, and I don't think it's over the top.

You know, I didn't know for sure what you meant when I first responded
to this as I had never seen the /market/shopping/ page.  Now I have
and it seems much more clear that this is a good thing.

Whoa, now that I look at the /market/auction/ page, there ARE links
there!

Um, Todd, did you just up and do this without mentioning it or have
you been chuckling while I've happily made a food of myself?  :)  As
an aside, give me another week to make sure quite a few auctions run
through BRICKS properly, and I'd appreciate a link to it so people
know they can sell their stuff for free through it.

--
The parts you want and nothing else?
http://www.guarded-inn.com/bricks/   (still in Beta)