 Administrative / General / 2689
Re: Suggestion for lugnet.marketplace.*
Newsgroups:
lugnet.admin.general
Date:
Mon, 23 Aug 1999 14:55:37 GMT

Mike Stanley <cjc@NOSPAMnewsguy.com> wrote in message
news:slrn7rvskg.5kv.cjc@VADER.NS.UTK.EDU...
John VanZwieten <john_vanzwieten@msn.com> wrote:
For links from the marketplace.auction page, how about including some of the • ongoing auction sites, such as Auczilla, JABA,
seriouscollector, etc.  Same for the .buy-sell-trade page with The Vault, • etc.

It would be nice to have a single place to go to find all the good • auction/sales sites.  Of course some moderating would have to be
done to decide which sites get listed.

Hrmmm.... interesting.  Could this work?  Would people like these
links?

I sure would.

Would it be possible/acceptable to include links like this to
relatively static sites, but not to individual listings on eBay?  Or
would it be possible to include the links on eBay that show everything
a seller is currently selling?  Might get huge quickly that way, I
guess, unless you're talking about regular sellers.

You could point to a eBay search for "Lego" to be fair (and helpful).
Individual, one-time auctions would not be listed here.  Rather, ongoing auction
_sites_ would be listed.

I could see this happening, but I could also see it being viewed as
favoritism or over-the-top promotion.

On the lugnet.marketplace.shopping page there are links to several of the major
online Lego shopping options.  Yes, this is "promotion," but it's mostly a
convenience for LUGNET readers, and I don't think it's over the top.

If anyone else agreed with that last statement I'd be more than
willing to just like BRICKS (where *I* don't sell things) and not
JABA.  I run through cycles at JABA anyway, usually taking a week or
so off to wrap current transactions up and get more stuff sorted for
the next batch of auctions.

I'd certainly want JABA listed.  Note that I don't run such auctions/sales
myself, so I'm speaking primarily from the buyer's perspective of wanting a
central resource to quickly hit all the good auction sites.

-John Van