 Administrative / General / 2688
Re: FA : Complete, Mint, MISB, MISP Soccers Sets & Sub-Sets
Newsgroups:
lugnet.admin.general
Date:
Mon, 23 Aug 1999 08:56:32 GMT

I've only just discovered that these events were up for debate, and this
explains why I have not contributed to this discussion to date.

Can I just make 3 points.

RE : My post of 02.08.99
This was due to stupidity on my part. I simply did not realise that I could
not post auction/sale announcements of the group/s concerned. This is due to
the fact that I seldom read the small print. dumb I know.

RE : My posts of 18.08.99.
These were absolutely genuine mistakes. That is all I can say. Once Todd L.
told me he had placed the filter, I mailed him explaining the reasons,
nothing original I'm afraid, behind this. The body of text from that message
is below:

=============

I'm really am sorry about this. It was a honest mistake caused by the fact
that I was doing it in a hurry (I should have been working at the time).
You'll note that it took me about an hour to notice my 2nd mistake, at which
time I posted and apology and posted to L.M.A. I'm well aware of why the
rules exist, and I support the reasons for this. I'd appreciate it if you
could lift the filter for me as I value being able to post to these groups.

Mistakes do happen, just ask my mother.

Please reply to this message.

Best wishes.

Scott A.

Dr. Scott Arthur (s.arthur@hw.ac.uk),
Post. Doc. Research Associate - Siphonic Systems,
Department of Building Engineering & Surveying,
Heriot-Watt University, Edinburgh, EH14-4AS,
Scotland, UK.
Tel 0131 449 5111 x4653 or Fax 0131 451 3161"

Obviously I do feel a bit silly regarding what has happened. However, I do
feel bit disappointed that people are not willing to give me the benefit of
the doubt. Please don't assume I decided to maliciously ride roughshod over
the rules and regulations of this online community. When, in actuality, all
I have done is press the wrong button on my news reader (twice).

--
Scott A
Edinburgh, Scotland.

http://www.encore.ms.tarahill.net/00/scottarthur/LEGO.htm