 Administrative / General / 2629
Re: FA : Complete, Mint, MISB, MISP Soccers Sets & Sub-Sets
Newsgroups:
lugnet.admin.general
Date:
Wed, 18 Aug 1999 23:15:39 GMT

I have inserted a filter in the newsserver which helps Scott remember not to
post auction updates to groups like .market.buy-sell-trade and .build.
Unfortunately, the filter is rather broad -- it prevents Scott from posting
anything to those two groups.  However, Scott -was- reminded two weeks ago
that auction updates are not permitted in non-auction groups, and he -was-
also warned that repeated violations would result in suspension of posting
privileges.

[...]
If anyone feels that I am being too harsh, please let me know.

If anyone feels that I am being too lenient, please let me know.

No, IMO you're fine. You posted the warning which was obviously remembered by
him twice.

If he had inadvertantly posted through the web interface (and therefore
couldn't cancel a post), he should have contacted you informing you of his
mistake, even if his newsreader accidentally fired off incorrectly.

BTW, IMO, this shows bad judgement in timing concerning the other "filter"
issue currently on the table. It's like upsetting your boss or your dad when
he's already having a bad day.

-Tom McD.
when replying, please remove the spamcake.