 Administrative / General / 2626
Re: FA : Complete, Mint, MISB, MISP Soccers Sets & Sub-Sets
Newsgroups:
lugnet.admin.general
Date:
Wed, 18 Aug 1999 21:48:51 GMT

In lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade, "Scott-A" <s.arthur@hw.ac.uk> writes:

FA : Complete Set & MISP & MISB LEGO Soccer Set Parts

All have start prices below $10
All have no reserve.

[snip!]

I have inserted a filter in the newsserver which helps Scott remember not to
post auction updates to groups like .market.buy-sell-trade and .build.
Unfortunately, the filter is rather broad -- it prevents Scott from posting
anything to those two groups.  However, Scott -was- reminded two weeks ago
that auction updates are not permitted in non-auction groups, and he -was-
also warned that repeated violations would result in suspension of posting
privileges.

Here is what Scott posted two weeks ago, followed by the reminder/warning:

   http://www.lugnet.com/loc/uk/?n=1026
   (Mon, 2 Aug 1999 12:30:17 GMT)

   http://www.lugnet.com/loc/uk/?n=1032
   (Mon, 2 Aug 1999 19:05:09 GMT)

Earlier today, Scott posted an auction update to lugnet.build, followed five
minutes later by an apology:

   http://www.lugnet.com/build/?n=2174
   (Wed, 18 Aug 1999 09:43:18 GMT)

   http://www.lugnet.com/build/?n=2175
   (Wed, 18 Aug 1999 09:48:41 GMT)

The apology was followed one minute later by a second copy of the same
auction update (this time to lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade), and that was
followed about an hour later with a second apology:

   http://www.lugnet.com/market/buy-sell-trade/?n=2280
   (Wed, 18 Aug 1999 09:49:47 GMT)

   http://www.lugnet.com/market/buy-sell-trade/?n=2281
   (Wed, 18 Aug 1999 10:43:23 GMT)

It is completely beyond me how someone could accidentally post an auction
update to two wrong groups in a row, especially with the second one
immediately following an apology for the first one (a clear admission of
understanding the rules).

If anyone feels that I am being too harsh, please let me know.

If anyone feels that I am being too lenient, please let me know.

--Todd