 Administrative / General / 2684
Re: Suggestion for lugnet.marketplace.*
Newsgroups:
lugnet.admin.general
Date:
Sun, 22 Aug 1999 13:09:17 GMT

John VanZwieten <john_vanzwieten@msn.com> wrote:
For links from the marketplace.auction page, how about including some of the ongoing auction sites, such as Auczilla, JABA,
seriouscollector, etc.  Same for the .buy-sell-trade page with The Vault, etc.

It would be nice to have a single place to go to find all the good auction/sales sites.  Of course some moderating would have to be
done to decide which sites get listed.

Hrmmm.... interesting.  Could this work?  Would people like these
links?

Would it be possible/acceptable to include links like this to
relatively static sites, but not to individual listings on eBay?  Or
would it be possible to include the links on eBay that show everything
a seller is currently selling?  Might get huge quickly that way, I
guess, unless you're talking about regular sellers.

I could see this happening, but I could also see it being viewed as
favoritism or over-the-top promotion.

If anyone else agreed with that last statement I'd be more than
willing to just like BRICKS (where *I* don't sell things) and not
JABA.  I run through cycles at JABA anyway, usually taking a week or
so off to wrap current transactions up and get more stuff sorted for
the next batch of auctions.

--
The parts you want without a bunch of crap?
Run your own LEGO auctions for free! (still in Beta)