 Administrative / General / 209
208  |  210
Subject:
Web interface
Newsgroups:
lugnet.admin.general
Date:
Wed, 7 Oct 1998 22:36:01 GMT

So, now that it is growing and becoming better, I thought I might offer a
suggestion.  It's obvious that the cookie works, so how about making better
use of it earlier on?

What I mean is, when I decide I want to read/search/post via the web, it
would be cool to click on a link that would bring me to a list of ONLY the
groups I have previously selected (or subscribed to).  I don't know about
anyone else, but waiting for that huge list of loc.* groups to load, even at
work, is a chore.  God forbid I should try to do it at home.

So that's one suggestion, and hopefully a good one, not a whiny one.

Now for a question.  I see that the cookie worked and saved my e-mail address
and name and such.  I see that the cookie box is NOW unchecked, which makes
sense - it has my info so it doesn't need to REsave it, unless I want to
change said info, of course.  But I wonder if most people will get that, or
if they will keep checking it, maybe even get mad and think, "darnit, I told
this to save last time!"

Maybe a shorter box with clearly explained option for REsaving cookie info?

Oh, and while it is cool that the cookie remembered I clicked the Terms of
Use box last time, it doesn't appear to have remembered I UNchecked the e-
mail me a copy box.  I'll never want a copy e-mailed, so maybe it could
remember that too?

All in all, WOW.