 Administrative / General / 2070
Re: Idea for an Improvement
Newsgroups:
lugnet.admin.general
Date:
Sun, 4 Jul 1999 17:52:06 GMT

In lugnet.admin.general, "Ed Jones" <edboxer@aol.com> writes:
Have you tried Thumbs Plus 3.30 - my other half swears at - err - by it.

I may be wrong, but from looking around quickly, it looks like it costs
money (~US$50), doesn't come with source code, and only runs on Windows
platforms.  That means it can't be part of the software running on the
server, because the underlying community software has to be platform-
independent (well, at least run under FreeBSD and Linux) and releaseable
someday under GPL or similar.

But thanks for the tip...!

I installed ImageMagick a while back, and it fits the bill wonderfully!

--Todd