 Administrative / General / 1917
  Re: lugnet.com upgrade/downtime/heads-up

(...) The only slowness I've noticed is while reading and posting news. Normally I zip from article to article, with even hundred line articles loading almost instantly. Sometimes, though, there are waits of up to 30-45 seconds, rarely longer. I've (...) (25 years ago, 26-Jun-99, to lugnet.admin.general)

  Re: lugnet.com upgrade/downtime/heads-up

(...) So life's pretty rough, huh? ;-) (...) That sort of delay can't be the server unless it's gone belly up or is suffering from some massive head wound, which hasn't ever happened AFAIK. (...) Yeah, that sounds a lot more like the culprit. (...) (25 years ago, 26-Jun-99, to lugnet.admin.general)

  Re: lugnet.com upgrade/downtime/heads-up

(...) Well, when they're working correctly, the DS-3 we have, along with our 6 T1's, make bandwidth ok. When the students are gone for the summer. When they're here sucking it all down, it still stinks. :) (...) Believe me, I'm more than happy to (...) (25 years ago, 26-Jun-99, to lugnet.admin.general)

  Re: lugnet.com upgrade/downtime/heads-up

While I'm not going to name any names, Your ISP's (alleged lack of) private peering is likely the culprit here. Todd's ISP is well peered, and I have never seen any performance problems from the 3 backbones I use regularly. KL (...) (25 years ago, 7-Jul-99, to lugnet.admin.general)

  Re: lugnet.com upgrade/downtime/heads-up

(...) By my ISP do you mean Qwest, the provider of our big pipe? If so, name names all you want - I know they suck, and the scary thing is they're buying up companies right and left. If you mean my actual ISP, which is my employer (I work for UTK (...) (25 years ago, 8-Jul-99, to lugnet.admin.general)