 Administrative / General / 176
Re: Cool LEGO Site of the Week
Newsgroups:
lugnet.admin.general
Date:
Tue, 6 Oct 1998 14:32:08 GMT

The practical use would be that it would put LUGNET in the list of
CLSotW's, where it belongs.  Until it features LUGNET (at least once),
CLSotW has not lived up to its name.  And you wouldn't want people
wondering if there are truly cool sites that CLSotW has overlooked,
now would you?

Steve

Once upon a time, lehman@javanet.com (Todd Lehman) wrote:

Larry Pieniazek <lar@voyager.net> writes:

Steve Bliss wrote:
Once upon a time, Larry Pieniazek <lar@voyager.net> wrote:
So how do we vote in LUGNET as CLSotW ??
This is definitely overdue.
Steve

That's very nice to hear.  But I wonder what the practical use would be, since
CLSotW is now a part of the site itself, and also has a banner link promoting
the news section...

The reason I asked is that I have it on good information that there is
some judge (i.e. Todd) judgement involved, it's not a straight vote. So
even if we all asked for it to be nominated, Todd's natural modesty may
not allow him to accept the nomination.

True, it's not a straight pure vote, but like I said before, 19 times out of
20 (or 9 out of 10, I forget) what gets the most votes gets pick that week.
This week was an exeption (barely) -- I think Terry Keller's new model won
over the LeoCAD model gallery by one vote (20 vs. 19, I think).  When
something is that close, usually the site that went on the voting list earlier
is the one that gets it that week.

Other times of course, greater exceptions are made -- such as Bram Lambrecht's
LDraw tutorial going straight to a pick (bypassing voting altogether).

--Todd