 Administrative / General / 1421
Re: Uh Oh... (was Traffic Error )
Newsgroups:
lugnet.admin.general
Date:
Mon, 19 Apr 1999 16:27:02 GMT

In lugnet.admin.general, radiotitan@yanospamhoo.com (Tom McDonald) writes:
Posts #1409 and #1406 to be precise seem to be identical.

Here's the only difference in their content:

% diff 1406 1409
1c1
< Date: Sat, 17 Apr 1999 00:28:10 GMT
---
Date: Sat, 17 Apr 1999 05:34:07 GMT

So they are basically identical.

Question...

The article headers show that these were both sent through the web
interface.  Is there any way that you might have accidentally pressed the
Post Message button a second time on the form?  Every couple of days,
someone does this, but it's usually seconds or minutes apart, not 5 hours.
Due to the way CGI works, I can't imagine any scenario where anything but
this could have happened....  (?)

--Todd

I initially thought that as well, and my inital answer is no. Yet I'm willing
to just say I goofed and did though I don't recall doing so. Suffice it to say
that spending 5 continual hours on this machine (I even logged out and back in
that day during my stint on this machine) is very not likely.

I had typed out a big long thing about my schedule and my workday and why it
couldn't possibly be MY fault :) but I'm just gonna let it go. You and me got
bigger ninja carp to fry here.

But if you don't want to let this go, I'll be happy to answer questions.

-Tom McD.
when replying squash the spamcake.