 Administrative / General / 13714
Re: posting to the robotics newsgroup
Newsgroups:
lugnet.admin.general
Date:
Thu, 12 Oct 2006 19:13:16 GMT

On Thu, Oct 12, 2006 at 06:17:47PM +0000, John Hansen wrote:
Does anyone know why, when I post to the lugnet.robotics newsgroups I
get two emails, one from payments-autoresponder@amazon.com and another
from mailer-daemon@google.com reporting a delivery failure.  Posting
to a lugnet newsgroup should not result in mail being delivered to my
email account.  Can someone in lugnet admin fix this problem?

Probably because the robotics group is connected to a mailing list
(since sometime in the 90s), and someone subscribed the wrong addresses
to that list.

The only thing that can be done from the lugnet POV, afaik, is to break
the gateway - not sure if that's a good idea or not though.

--
Dan Boger
dan@peeron.com