 Administrative / General / 13705
Re: Why do pictures in the guide detect as banner adds to Zone Labs/Check Point Integrity
Newsgroups:
lugnet.admin.general
Date:
Wed, 6 Sep 2006 18:48:05 GMT

In lugnet.admin.general, Dan Boger wrote:
On Tue, Sep 05, 2006 at 07:39:13PM +0000, Frank Filz wrote:
Is it keying off the fact the image comes from a different host
(img.lugnet.com) than the page (guide.lugnet.com)? Or it is the fact
that the image is a link?

It could be that there are settings for ZA that make it quite touchy when it
comes to image links. This would block quite a number of useful web links
however, so it's probably a setting you do not want in the first place.

Just btw., even though the image "host" has a different subdomain, they are
essentially the same machine and IP address - the subdomains are there for
historical reasons (and because they make sense in terms of organizing the whole
huge amount of data that lugnet carries). We may eventually set up different IP
addresses again, so don't quote me on this right now ;)

That's probably it - the fact that it's hosted by a different server.
Though, since it's from the same TLD, it shouldn't be an issue.  FWIW,
my ZA doesn't block any lugnet images.

I can't imagine what else would cause guide images to be treated differently
from a couple of days ago. Yes, I set up the new thumbnail creation - finally
solving the issue of guide updates not working properly (Glad I got that fixed
after all) - but it should just write proper jpg files to disk - nothing else.
Positively no commercial ads ;-)

Jerry