 Administrative / General / 13160 (-5)
  Re: Dear NNTP users,

(...) a) You don't "subscribe" to a newsgroup, you follow it. b) You don't. That's the idea with not following a group. (...) Then you have to follow - or at least sporadically read - those groups. If we imagine the - still fictive - FTX aware (...) (19 years ago, 31-Jul-05, to lugnet.admin.general)

  Re: Dear NNTP users,

One thing I don't understand, having now used NNTP (and saved an offline cache of .trains 'just in case'!) is how you know about things in groups you don't subscribe to? One of the things I like doing is seeing what is going on in other groups every (...) (19 years ago, 31-Jul-05, to lugnet.admin.general)

  Re: admin.dev? [Was: Dear NNTP users]

--SNIP-- (...) --SNIP-- I can't remember if I already volunteered to help but if not, I do now. Tim (19 years ago, 31-Jul-05, to lugnet.admin.general)

  Re: admin.dev? [Was: Dear NNTP users]

(...) It might make sense, but it seems to work fine to keep the discussion here. I suppose it depends a bit on how formal/practical you want us to be. Since I haven't got much time for helping with the coding, I would feel (a little bit) bad about (...) (19 years ago, 31-Jul-05, to lugnet.admin.general)

  Re: Dear NNTP users,

I'm content with news being at LUGNET's core. So, assuming all goes well, it'll stay the same for a while. When folks want to subscribe via RSS feeds, or whatever else, I think that'll be pretty simple to do with what's already here. My original (...) (19 years ago, 31-Jul-05, to lugnet.admin.general)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact