 Administrative / General / 13108
  Re: Dear NNTP users,

Hello! (...) That's exactly what I never understood about the NNTP fans' fondness of NNTP. I *can* understand why software engineers, coders and other geeky NNTP users (sorry :-) ) use NNTP and actually prefer it over every other form of forum. But (...) (19 years ago, 22-Jul-05, to lugnet.admin.general)

  Re: Dear NNTP users,

(...) Because most of the discussions I follow on LUGNET don't involve many pictures, and I can always look at those later? Besides, one CAN tie in NNTP with other stuff, if I use my fancy newsreader I can click on any link and the pic is opened, (...) (19 years ago, 23-Jul-05, to lugnet.admin.general)

  Re: Dear NNTP users,

(...) If I want to see the pictures I just kick their URL's off to my image viewer. If I don't, I don't have to wait for them to arrive. (...) So do I. But not af all the MOCs. (...) That requires a rather fat pipe-line. With a 56 kbit/s modem line (...) (19 years ago, 30-Jul-05, to lugnet.admin.general)

  Re: Dear NNTP users,

(...) Actually, people were having online discussions about LEGO for a long time, before digital images were so prevalent. But I think it's a matter of preference -- I don't spend nearly as much of my 'LEGO' time looking at MOCs as other people do. (...) (19 years ago, 30-Jul-05, to lugnet.admin.general)

  Re: Dear NNTP users,

(...) I've got the fat pipe. So I'd like to be able to tell this NNTP client to go ahead and grab images (maybe I'd set it to pre-fetch all images, maybe only for certain groups). That way I don't have to wait for slow websites or bad URLs. (...) (...) (19 years ago, 30-Jul-05, to lugnet.admin.general)