 Administrative / General / 13100 (-5)
  Re: Dear NNTP users,

(...) Exactly. My computer is online 100% (Linux), so offline doesn't matter to me. I sit here typing into Gnu emacs (so editing is comfortable), with a browser window half-hidden, open to the "Lugnet Classic" logo from a post I read a few minutes (...) (19 years ago, 22-Jul-05, to lugnet.admin.general)

  Re: Dear NNTP users,

(...) Thank you, thank you! I am so happy with the responses and discussion in this thread. It's great for me to hear all your views and to learn so much in a hurry. Some of it's over my head. ..I'll still need to read the posts carefully, and take (...) (19 years ago, 21-Jul-05, to lugnet.admin.general)

  Re: Dear NNTP users,

(...) XanaNews is a good one too, and it's completely free (Although Outlook Express is good enough for me, keeping mail and news in the same client): (URL) Anders Isaksson, Sweden BlockCAD: (2 URLs) (19 years ago, 21-Jul-05, to lugnet.admin.general)

  Re: Dear NNTP users,

(...) As no email software SHOULD, but let's discuss THAT topic somewhere else ;) (email which is purely HTML goes to my /dev/null , makes for a saner day) (...) RSS is nice, but how would you replace the offline behaviour of NNTP and how would you (...) (19 years ago, 21-Jul-05, to lugnet.admin.general)

  Re: (><)

(...) It's all tied into the fact that it wasn't wrapped correctly when it was posted. I'm guessing something in the nested thread view constrains the width of the tables, so the wrapping is done by your browser when you view it. ROSCO (19 years ago, 20-Jul-05, to lugnet.admin.general)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact