 Administrative / General / 12875 (-10)
  Re: Badgering emails

(...) nm, I read further down the thread and found my answer. (19 years ago, 25-Apr-05, to lugnet.admin.general)

  Re: Badgering emails

(...) Please forgive my lack of webknowledge. You KNOW I'm a WEBTARD!! We've been over it before ;) Lugnet, right now as I understand it, cannot handle items like automated emails and whatnot. I've had quite a few ideas for upgrading content stuff (...) (19 years ago, 25-Apr-05, to lugnet.admin.general)

  Re: Badgering emails

(...) I thought I was answering what you asked... And what hsould be done NOW? Since you are aware of the problem, just have one of the other admins mail Kevin if need be - since it doesn't matter which admin the official mail comes fron... (19 years ago, 25-Apr-05, to lugnet.admin.general)

  Re: my “button pushing” opinion! ;)

(...) Yeah, a lot of people. But MOST people think that Larry is suitable to be an admin. And most importantly, Todd thinks Larry is an excellent choice to be an admin - as it is Todd's choice to empower an Admin or not. -Lenny (19 years ago, 25-Apr-05, to lugnet.admin.general, lugnet.admin.suggestions, FTX)

  Re: Badgering emails

(...) In lugnet.admin.general, Larry Pieniazek wrote: (...) I don't understand -- how is requiring admins to use their @lugnet.com address to send official email dependent on server changes? We aren't talking about switching addresses for posting to (...) (19 years ago, 25-Apr-05, to lugnet.admin.general)

  my “button pushing” opinion! ;)

(...) Larry, No. I'd start to worry when (arguably justified) personal attacks on a LUGNET admin are (URL) spotlighted> on LUGNET's homepage. For that to happen once is very unfortunate. For it to happen repeatedly… I'd be further concerned when (...) (19 years ago, 25-Apr-05, to lugnet.admin.general, lugnet.admin.suggestions, FTX)

  Re: Badgering emails

(...) Not really, no. I agree that's the desired end state but that's not what the server does now, is it? I'm asking about what should be done NOW. (19 years ago, 25-Apr-05, to lugnet.admin.general)

  Re: Badgering emails

(...) Um, huh? Why in the world would we NEED to do anything in PHP? And even if we did, what's the issue? But aside from that, if the Server Switch is step one, let's take it! (19 years ago, 25-Apr-05, to lugnet.admin.general)

  Re: Context: LUGNET is not a democracy

<snip> It just makes me sick that a post such as this is the top highlight. What do you think would run through a visiting 8-yearold's mind when they read this? (URL) -Duane (19 years ago, 25-Apr-05, to lugnet.admin.general)

  Re: Badgering emails

(...) There are more issues that just switching to a new server. For example, Lugnet runs on perl, and many of these automatic-emails would need to be produced by php coding or what have you. Code that needs to be written. Server switch is step one. (...) (19 years ago, 25-Apr-05, to lugnet.admin.general)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact