 Administrative / General / 12729
Re: P&P document
Newsgroups:
lugnet.admin.general
Date:
Thu, 21 Apr 2005 18:45:49 GMT

Whoa!  NDA's !?  You're kidding right !?  This is just getting
bizarre...  This is exactly the kind of thing that is souring people.
This just feels heavy-handed and dictatorial.  No matter the reason,
this is a bad idea.  It smells rotten to say that we'll be able to
review and comment on the documents, but then say that we can't see
them.  That isn't the way to start a productive community dialog about
the rules we'll all need to agree to.  Sure we can leave and I'm sure
someone will recommend that, but that's not actually a goal, is it ?
This can only breed more suspicion and distrust.  People are already
annoyed that everything seems to be being done behind closed doors.  Why
feed the fire ?  Do we really need secrets from each other ?  I stepped
into the frying pan in .scibrick for the same reason.  People were
trying to hide things and I wanted to know why a group dedicated to
children's toys would have something to hide.  My "spidey sense" is
going nuts again! I was as amazed as anyone else that Kevin posted the
link, but I believe that letting people read the drafts can only help.
Please put them back where the link points.
-JSM

PS. Like David K. wrote elsewhere, transparency is more important than
accuracy.

Kelly J. McKiernan wrote:
I'd thought that it was understood this review process was a confidential
exercise; it's apparent we need to be more explicit about confidentiality in the
future, possibly up to and including NDAs. I find it unfortunate that we would
need to go to that extreme, especially given the goal of greater transparency
from the admin staff.