 Administrative / General / 12726
Re: P&P document
Newsgroups:
lugnet.admin.general
Date:
Thu, 21 Apr 2005 14:46:04 GMT

In lugnet.admin.general, Kevin L. Clague wrote:
Many have asked to see this, so here it is:

http://www.lugnet.com/~2626/pp/

Kevin,
I can understand your desire for full disclosure. However, I feel these
documents aren't ready to be released publicly at this time, and I have edited
the document links at the above address. Rather than have unfinished
documentation floating around, the admin staff prefers to finalize the documents
and have them reviewed by a small group of interested members before general
release. It would be counterproductive and difficult to effectively implement
meaningful input if hundreds of people were responding to an incomplete project.

I'd thought that it was understood this review process was a confidential
exercise; it's apparent we need to be more explicit about confidentiality in the
future, possibly up to and including NDAs. I find it unfortunate that we would
need to go to that extreme, especially given the goal of greater transparency
from the admin staff.

Kelly McKiernan
LUGNET Administrator