 Administrative / General / 12715 (-10)
  Re: I resign from the LPRV committee

(...) Most of our achievements have been in the under-lying structure of Lugnet, and in the preparation for the Transition. Every time some big drama explodes, it pulls us away from that it makes it harder for us to get the spirit enough to dive (...) (19 years ago, 21-Apr-05, to lugnet.admin.general, FTX)

  Re: I resign from the LPRV committee

(...) No. I was very upset by Kevin's post - specifically how he characterized me (aka Jacko-dmin), and the other admins. I went through five different drafts. I don't think this was the best responce possible, but I wanted to do something - rather (...) (19 years ago, 21-Apr-05, to lugnet.admin.general)

  Re: Another resignation: I'm stepping down.

(...) Yes, new groups. But how has the number of *active* groups changed? (...) Server load issues, technical rather than Administrative I think. (More Administration doesn't solve problem) (...) Telling us about changes. (...) Telling us about (...) (19 years ago, 20-Apr-05, to lugnet.admin.general, FTX)

  Re: No posting name?

(...) Looks like it was a mistake. He probably some how deleted it when he was writing his post and he didn't notice. After all he signed the post and there would be no point leaving it out since it automaticly says who its from any way. But I don't (...) (19 years ago, 20-Apr-05, to lugnet.admin.general)

  Re: Sugestions

You have an excellent point there. The off topic groups are an elegant solution to threads that wander away from Lego. What I find disappointing are threads that begin and end in .debate like this recent one: (URL)* And the fact that .debate alone (...) (19 years ago, 20-Apr-05, to lugnet.admin.general, lugnet.admin.suggestions, FTX)

  No posting name?

Regarding: (URL) seems this user has no posting name, is that allowable? It's not entirely clear on the posting setup screen whether it's ok or not. If it is, maybe the brief view of posts should include the email rather than nothing - click (...) (19 years ago, 20-Apr-05, to lugnet.admin.general)

  Re: Sugestions

In lugnet.admin.general, Peter Blencowe wrote: Some good thoughts--always nice to get fresh perspectives. (...) I'd be one of those who would disagree here. There are many times when something starts out as LEGO discussion but grows into something (...) (19 years ago, 20-Apr-05, to lugnet.admin.general, lugnet.admin.suggestions)

  Re: I resign from the LPRV committee

Now, I have been lurking for a LONG time, but have known the name of Kevin L. Clague as one that has come up with many useful and interesting technologies revolving around 'Tengul'. Why is it that there is so much hatred amongst people of all ages (...) (19 years ago, 20-Apr-05, to lugnet.admin.general)

  Re: Outside traffic [was: Another resignation]

(...) ... (...) If the feeds were in their own groups (all under subtrees, like .ext.bzp, .ext.c-s), the skip filter will take care of all that already. No need for new preferences :) (19 years ago, 20-Apr-05, to lugnet.admin.general)

  Re: Outside traffic [was: Another resignation]

(...) I think having the *option* is a good thing. I check a bunch of other forums on a regular basis. Having a centralized place to look at them would be awesome. But I (for instance) don't read bzpower. So yes, if I saw BZP flooding everywhere, (...) (19 years ago, 20-Apr-05, to lugnet.admin.general)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact