 Administrative / General / 127
    Re: What's your current project? —Todd Lehman
   (...) The standard thing to do would be to post them periodically to the group they represent. There is an 'Expires:' NNTP header for setting something to persist on the server for a long time, and a 'Supercedes:' header for posting a new message (...) (26 years ago, 3-Oct-98, to lugnet.admin.general)

        Re: What's your current project? —Tom McDonald
     (...) When such an operation occurs, it would be good if a message could automagically be posted to that ng that a new FAQ has been generated. Great for old-timers, semi-lurkers, and newbies alike. (...) You got it. I would volunteer to keep my (...) (26 years ago, 3-Oct-98, to lugnet.admin.general)

        Re: What's your current project? —Todd Lehman
     (...) Enfield is only a stone's throw from Hartford/New Haven, Connecticut, so the group would be lugnet.loc.us.ct.hnh, unless it might someday become prudent to have a separate Enfield group -- but I think most LEGO employees live 5-20 miles from (...) (26 years ago, 3-Oct-98, to lugnet.admin.general)

        Re: What's your current project? —Sarah Heacock
     (...) Additionally, this way you have a possibility of people actually READING the FAQ. If it is is just there all the time -- the one time it wil be in the message queue will be at the very beginning -- like the Welcome to... and Terms of Use (...) (26 years ago, 3-Oct-98, to lugnet.admin.general)

        Re: What's your current project? —Tom McDonald
   (...) Yeah. I found out the long way that an FAQ existed. Typed "lego" in a search engine, and eventually someone's page pointed to it. Then I read about RTL. Then I had to configure my newsreader, which I had never done before. That way I actually (...) (26 years ago, 5-Oct-98, to lugnet.admin.general)