 Administrative / General / 131
Re: What's your current project?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.admin.general
Date:
Sat, 3 Oct 1998 00:12:53 GMT

Todd Lehman wrote:

The standard thing to do would be to post them periodically to the group
they represent.

There is an 'Expires:' NNTP header for setting something to persist on the
server for a long time, and a 'Supercedes:' header for posting a new message
which supercedes an earlier message.

Then a script could simply cull the FAQ's from groups and put them up on web
pages in a nice automagic way.

When such an operation occurs, it would be good if a message could automagically
be posted to that ng that a new FAQ has been generated. Great for old-timers,
semi-lurkers, and newbies alike.

A bigger problem is FAQ's for the
lugnet.loc.* ng's, if they need FAQ's at all.

They probably don't, then again maybe not all groups do, but it seems safe
to let them pop up as needed/necessary...  It shouldn't be problematic,
though, unless I mistake your meaning?

You got it. I would volunteer to keep my area's FAQ. I can't imagine it getting
much more complicated than, "Where's a Target nearby where I can Halloween
buckets?"

BTW, I said hello to Billund from all of us here in the US. I figured it was
"downright neighborly". I noticed you didn't have Enfield. Which ng do they
belong to?

--
From Tom McDonald
Anti-spam block in place.