 Administrative / General / 147
Re: What's your current project?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.admin.general
Date:
Sat, 3 Oct 1998 17:44:36 GMT

On Sat, 3 Oct 1998 00:38:25 GMT, lehman@javanet.com (Todd Lehman)
wrote:

Tom McDonald <rocketman@familyradio.com> writes:

Todd, since I know virtually nothing about servers (other than they serve
information), how do you keep the url of an FAQ persistent in/on an ng so that
people don't have to inquire as to its whereabouts? I realize that this could
easily be done on the lugnet.com/news/ page that displays the major groups, but
not everyone will see that page will they?

The standard thing to do would be to post them periodically to the group
they represent.

Additionally, this way you have a possibility of people actually
READING the FAQ. If it is is just there all the time -- the one time
it wil be in the message queue will be at the very beginning -- like
the Welcome to... and Terms of Use posts. And it will get marked read
just like them :)

Sarah Heacock